...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Shooter Jennings & Hierophant - Black Ribbons (2010)

Shooter Jennings & Hierophant - Black Ribbons (2010)

  First of all I want to thank my friend Gregg Prince for putting my onto this slighly warped little album!  Shooter Jennings is the son of Waylon Jennings but I would never have imagined that his son would have recorded an album like this.   In full ode to Roger Waters' masterpiece "Radio Kaos", Shooter take us on a progressively psych'd concept album narrated by the creepy Stephen King into the dark region he called "Black Ribbons".

  I will admit this one was an immediate connection for me with the heavy psych and dark rock themes but having said that it did take me a wee while to really absorb the album.  It is one of those albums you need to hear multiple times before you really "Get it"......

......i think I finally "Got It:.........i think !

No comments: