...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Karl Bartos - Communicaton (2003)

Karl Bartos - Communicaton (2003), Sony/Columbia

  You might be asking ..."who the heck is Karl Bartos" ?  well for those who dont know the names of the robots behind KRAFTWERK he was one of the guys in the band....and a pretty key one at that!  Communication is simply a killer electronic album very much carrying the DNA traits of mothership KRAFTWERk while offering a modern e-twist throughout the album.    I was really taken back by just how good this album is and never expected this !   
   Communication flows and beeps and even at times has samples just like you 'd hear on the classic KRAFTWERK albums without getting too retro....I would say it is tastefully done.   The songs are just great and my kids love "15 mins of fame" asking me to play it over and over again and they dance around my music room.   Oh yes one more thing...this is all wrapped around a pretty modern dance beat.....kind of like a mix of William Orbit meets KRAFTWERK.   A great album for those who love electronic progressive rock !  

No comments: