...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Lisa Gerrard - The Silver Tree (2006)

Lisa Gerrard - The Silver Tree (2006)

  So one day I am in the movie theatre watching Ridley Scott's Gladiator and I fall in love with the main theme song and i have to go out and buy it...just for that song.   Well I did and |I discovered that it was Lisa Gerrard from Dead Can Dance who sang the number.

The Silver Tree continues Gerrard's deep quest into the vast regions of musical landscapes that few have ever encountered.  This album is dripping with a macabre-like minimalism and full of deep gorges, valleys and hills that you must carefully ascend.   (any idea what I am talking about ?   )....

Anyway.........The Silver Tree is a highly expressive album that breaks all boundaries and is an amazing album.........the soundtrack to our lives !

No comments: