...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Chronicle (2 LP)

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Chronicle (2 LP 180g)

  It all really started for "the revival" back in 1967 and ended really in 1972 with the release of their seventh and final album.   John and Tom Fogerty, Stu Cook and Doug Clifford brought us so many great songs and great albums along their journey.   No question they were rolling......rolling.....rolling on the river!
  Although I have all their albums I had to pick up the Fantasy 2 LP remastered version set on 180g vinyl and what a sound ! No question CCR were an amazing rock band and their music will live with me forever.
  Chronicle was originally released back in 1972 and as a kid my brother and I listened to this compilation over and over and wore out the grooves.   I was so excited to see this album had been so carefully put all back together so well.   
   Of course all the classics are here...in fact 20 of them !    "Have you ever seen the rain" and "Lodi" are two of my personal favourite CCR track and hearing these again in such clarity made my jaw drop!
   Gotta love CCR!!!!


No comments: