...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Monday, June 9, 2014

Yes - Tales From Topographic Oceans (1973)

Yes - Tales From Topographic Oceans 

  When I was a young kiddy boo boo i fell under the spell of the music of YES.......the YES album.......Going For The One, Close To The Edge, Relayer, Drama.........and Tales From Topographic Oceans..........and my life was complete!!!!

  I used to listen to this album going to work in my Dodge Dart with my portable cassette machine strapped in the back cranking out these tunes!!!!

  Four epic long tracks with that creative progressive classic rock touch all the way through.....simply breathtaking music!

  Rick Wakeman, Chris White, Steve Howe, Chris Squire and the angelic voice of Jon Anderson!   By 1973 the progressive movement was well underway and this double album ushered in the two vinyl magnum opus thing !

No comments: