...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Peter Gabriel - Security (1982)

Peter Gabriel - Security, Universal Music, 1982, RealWorld SACD    

    Gabriel's 4th album, security was one of my high school masterpieces...an album I still adore today.  Who could forget San Jacinto or Shock the monkey (notoriously referred to back then as "slap your monkey").   My brother Danny hated Peter Gabriel and hated this album...i still cant figure this guy out...but lets leave that for another day.   I picked up Realworlds SACD version of this album and it is just simple amazing.,.....i am hearing things I have heard before....and what a great sound.  This was at the time a pure digital recording and has been really survived the legacies of time.    I have always loved the percussive vibes this album exudes......the rhythm of the heat .......brilliant album from start to fishing net !

No comments: