...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Friday, August 24, 2012

Small Furry Animals - Love Kraft (2005)

Small Furry Animals - Love Kraft (2005), SACD

I have a few SFA's albums in my collection and was pleased to find Love Kraft available in hybrid SACD format. For those who don't know a lot about the "furry animals" I am not sure the best way to describe them but perhaps somewhere in the alternative-psychedelic rock camp me thinks........ Think Soundtrack of our lives meets Apollo Sunshine..meets Coldplay!
Musically you can hear elements of the Beatles and 60's West Coast psych-rock genres with a certain alternative quirkiness.
I love the variation in their music ......an eclectic mix for sure !
This disc offers regular red book cd, SACD and surround mix layers with the band directly involved in all mixes!
The song "atomik Lust" is a great tune and stands as the watermark for me on this album.

The SACD layer is clean , bright and warm with nice clarity of vocals and instruments...as is the redwood cd layer!

An excellent album and the SACD sound is excellent

No comments: