...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Klaus Wunderlich - Hammond Pops 4 (1969)

Klaus Wunderlich - Hammond Pops 4 (1969)

  I have to admit I was a bit sketchy on this one too from the cheesecake'y cover but I was totally surprised by the content.   This album was another fine $ 1.00 pick up from my local Thrift Store and I bought it totally on a whim......and what a find !
  Klaus Wunderlich recorded a number of Hammond Pops albums in the late 60's and early 70's all featuring his creative and modern sounds of the Hammond organ.

  I think when listening to this album you need to keep in mind that this was late 60's and recording technology was still in progress.
  
  Klaus was able to overdub and create some very unique sounds out of the Hammond almost as if at times you'd think it was a vintage 70's synths.  His interpretations of the music is also very interesting and does not simply put the music to hammond.  The coolness for me on this album is that Wunderlich reinterprets the music and produced this thru the analogue hammond.

  The album plays non-stop which is kind of cool too.....not unlike the "Stars on 45" or "hooked on__ Series" with no clear vinyl delineation between tracks...in fact they all just run on together.

  This album would be a great addition to your next pool party or bachelor pad get together ! 

No comments: