...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Chango - Honey Is Sweeter Than Blood (1976)

Chango - Honey Is Sweeter Than Blood

  Years ago my buddy Jeff played for me a track from the first Chango album which I really enjoyed and added these guys to my wish list.   A few weeks back at a garage sale I found their second album for a buck !
....and what an excellent discovery this one is too !

 I think their first is really the best of the two that I have heard but in no way is this an album that you should pass on either.   I would say this one is more rock than latin and quite different than their debut album.  Best way i can describe this album is try to imagine "Camel" meets "Santana" with a bit of perhaps a dash of "Malo".

    Apparently the lead singer (Pepe Gomez) for this second album replaced all but one of the band members to record this album.....so no wonder the vibe and feel is so different from the first album.  There are some outstanding latin groove rock moments on this album!

No comments: