...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Vic Franklyn - Friends (1976)

Vic Franklyn - Friends

  My mother bought way back Vic Franklyn's album "Leave Tenderly" which she played over and over and we used to marvel at his voice.   Vic was a Canadian crooner who released four albums via the  'Canadian Talent Library Trust' (a non-profit trust that produced a major series of recordings between 1962 and 1985). 

   Vic's voice was pure and had a velvetty voice somewhere in the Andy Williams / Frank Sinatra crooner school and was actually refered to as the 'Canadian Sinatra'. 

    I have all of Vic Franklyn's albums and they are all great actually, but I think "Friends" is my favourite of the lot!   

   "Friends" was Released in 1976 and had a single released as well "The Hungry Years" which is a great song originally written by Neil Sedaka.

No comments: