...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto (2011)

Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto (180g Vinyl)

   Wow !  Talk about a major facelift in sound...........Buy the audiophile 180g Vinyl if you are a fan of Coldplay's Mylo Xyloto!

  Not much has to be said I guess about this album considering the thousands of reviews it has received so I will keep this brief.

Musically I think that this album is my favourite of Coldplay so far and to be 100% honest I never really heard the album until I played the vinyl version.  The 180g mix is FAR superior to the CD and really brings out a new life into an album that I think on CD sounds "tired" and "lifeless".  In sharp contract the vinyl has a far superior Dynamic Range (high and lows) and a much clearer sound definition.

   Mylo XyIoto is a concept album (which is probably why this old Prog fan likes it the best of the lot so far)  and offers a nice range in song styles and approaches.    

I do find myself playing this album more than any of the Coldplay albums and think that is is a fantastic pop album !

No comments: