...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Saturday, September 28, 2013

The Romantics - In Heat (1983)

The Romantics - In Heat

   In the summer of 1983 my family drove from Ontario Canada down to Florida to visit my grandparents and I played this album on my Sony Walkman the whole trip down and back!   It really I guess was THE album of 1983 for me and I just could not get enough of these guys.

  Years later this still is a "go to" album for me when I am in that Power-Pop mood.  Who could ever forget Wally Palmar's slight lispy lead vocals on "Talking In Your Sleep" or the harmonica introduction of "Rock You Up".   Along with Palmer's voice and guitar Coz Canler (Lead Guitar, Vocals), Mike Skill (Bass, Guitar, Vocals) and Jimmy Marinos (Drums, Percussion, Lead Vocals) wrote and recorded the best (IMHO) Romantics album.
 

No comments: