...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Babe Ruth - First Base (1973)

Babe Ruth - First Base 

  First Base is one of my favourite 70's rock albums of all time.....and it is only now that I am getting around to reviewing this gem!   I remember hearing "The Mexican" on the radio a long long time ago and had to go and find this band and album.  

   Jennie Haan has a great powerful female rock voice that fits this music to perfection with the great guitar work of Alan Shacklock (who sadly only did the one album).  The songs are very memorable and have some pretty catchy stuff going on....lots of great riffs for you to air guitar to!

  I think this album has everything....classic rock....prog...folk and superb songs!  The art work was done by Roger Dean who also did many of the classic Yes albums.   

No comments: