...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Judy Garland - Live At Carnegie Hall, Capitol Records, 1961


Judy Garland - Live At Carnegie Hall, Capitol Records, 1961

    As you know I grew up with a musical mom who adored Frank Sinatra and Judy Garland.  "Judy Live" was an album that I grew up living to and had not heard this album in over 20 years (since the last time my mom played it and sang along...any maybe cried along the way).   Judy could tear your heart out and bring you as a listener to places few others could.  In 2001 Capitol Records released the 40th anniversary edition of this huge album.   Along the way Bob Norberg (Capitol Mastering) managed to find a missing track originally left off the album and unbelievably found the orignal had been overdubbed with crowd noise and fake applause and so Bob totally reconstructed this album in the proper sequence and included missing monologues and segments between songs.  The end result is simply breathtaking and I recently satr and re-listened to this album with my mom who said it "totally sounds like a new album". 

No comments: