...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Porcupine Tree - Moonloop Transmission IV (2001)

Porcupine Tree - Moonloop Transmission IV , Delerium Records (2001)

    Most of Porcupine Tree's music is excellent and I really could have posted any of their recordings from their past, but for this blog I thought I'd add a lovely 40 minute and 7 Second continuous space rock piece of improvisation genius titled "Moonloop Transmission IV".   This was a single released by Delerium Records (back when PT were on Delerium!) and showcases some of my personal favourite PT musical moments.   Steve Wilson,  Colin Edwin, Chris Maitland and Richard Barbieri  (x- Japan) transporting the listener into the outer reaches of the solar system.  I likely should point out the fact that there is a much shorter version of this song (Moonloop) on PT's album "Sky Moves Sideways" .    

No comments: