...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Thursday, December 30, 2010

R.L. Burnside - Wish I Was In Heaven Sitting Down, Fat Possum Records (2000)

R.L. Burnside - Wish I Was In Heaven Sitting Down, Fat Possum Records (2000)
 
 Along with Mississippi Fred McDowell, R.L. Burnside was an old time blues musician that as far as I knew was long ago gone from Chicago Blues Scene .  Then to my surprise I heard a few news songs from him and was so intrigued that I started to track down his later albums.  "Wish I Was In Heaven Sitting Down" takes the Blues into totally new territory and has managed to break new boundaries here on this album.  I think Bob will absolutely love this album with it's wild mix of scratch , guitar, harmonica and deep blues vocals of a master.  Tracks like "got messed up" completely won me over and this album is an absolute gem.   a bit of a cliche i suppose but i highly recommended album to you and you need to hear this one before YOU die !

No comments: