...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Nazz (1968)

The Nazz - S/T , 1968 Rhino Records

  When I was just a kiddy boo boo I picked up Utopia's "Deface the Music" mostly because of the album cover that was reminiscent of The Beatles.  Years later I started to track down Rundgren albums and more and more from Utopia.....until my uncle introduced me to his first real band called The Nazz.  I love all of the 3 Nazz albums but the debut is still my favourite of the lot!   Psychy and Beatles'esque with a good tinge of Garage Psych (Which I am a huge fan of).   The thing that will really surprise you are the great vocal harmonies and excellent melodies this band created.  It was a time of exploration musically and this album rises to the top of the US 60's psych albums for me.  Essential album !

No comments: