...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Europeans - Recurring Dreams (1984)

Europeans - Recurring Dreams (1984), Intact Records

    Believe it or not this band's music and I go wayyyyyy back.  Many moons ago I snagged the vinyl of their first 2 albums and an EP (remember EP's?).  I bought these of course as Marillion new member at the time Steven Hogarth was on the vocals and I had just really got into Season's End album and needed more Hogie !  I sold off my vinyl years later and kicked myself for letting this album slip thru my fingers....but then I was delighted to see that this album was re-released and the rest is history.   The Europeans are not Marillion nor are they all that purely progressive...more of a mix of Level 42 meets XTC meets Big Country.   The sound is definitely 80's sounding but the music is quire excellent and the album offers a pretty solid listen.  Fans of Marillion I think will like this as it features Hogarth on a good chunk of the album on vocals.  

No comments: