...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Journey - Escape (1981)

Journey - Escape (1981) 22 Bit Remastered Version

  Who could ever forget Journey or their groundbreaking pop-rock masterpiee Escape from the early 80's.  My house had all the early Journey albums so I was not a stranger to them, but never really started to apprecite them until  bought this one on cassette at my local A&A Records store.  yup.....went to cassette on this one until my deck chewed up the tape !   (by the way do you remember the "Cass-singles" ? ).  Escape captured all the rock of Journey but marked a new direction for them with a stronger pop tinge.  "Don't Stop Believin" is still one of the best rock songs i think ever......high energy...fanstatic vocals and harmonies..great guitar , bass and drums and cool synths,,,,,,,,,

No comments: