...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Monday, May 6, 2013

Dead Can Dance - In Concert (2013)


Dead Can Dance - In Concert (3 LP set)

  Lisa Gerrard and Brendan Perry have been a huge influence on my   Love of music and this album once again reconfirms this.   I pre-ordered this as soon as I heard it was going to be released and what a handsome set !  
    In concert is taken form their latest tour and was done so with audiophile quality as you would expect.  The 3 LP set comes with 3 180 g vinyl albums, a few inserts and a lovely case to house all this in.....no question the packaging is worth the price alone.

  Musically Gerrard and Perry are spot on with a fantastic cast of musicians to help them paint their music landscapes for us all.   "Toward the within" simply had me 100% right from the start and i got the same feeling with "In Concert".    I could listen to DCD all day long!  Their music is lush and truely beautiful .......touches you deep in ways few artists can...

 Highlights are vast but for me "children of the sun", " song to the siren", and "sanvean" are the finest music I have ever heard live!  

  DCD are a very special band and this is a very special album......
 You need to get this .......it is truely and album you just gotta hear!!!

No comments: