...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Foreigner - 4 (1981)

Foreigner - 4 SACD

Foreigner 4 was one of the albums that defined the 80's rock scene IMHO......who could ever forget "juke Box Hero" or "Urgent" from the genius production propensities of Mutt Lange. Mutt Lange was on a roll and was one of the most sought after producers and was fresh from ACDC's killer "Back In Black" magnum opus when he entered into the studio with a skinnied down four membered Foreigner. Al Greenwood and Ian McDonald did not stick around for the fourth Foreigner album! Basically Foreigner 4 takes off right where "Head Games" left off with straight forward Rock n' Roll and with Mutt Lange's golden touch this album became the best selling Foreigner album!

Foreigner 4 leaves nothing on the turntable ! Ten great memorable songs with loads of air guitar moments for all of us ! Lou Gramm is spot on and I think he really shines on this album and solidified his position as on of the great rock singers. The other tunes that I think are a ten out of ten are the rockers "Luanne" and "Break It Up" which I think are stunning rock anthems.



Once again Shawn Britton at Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs did the remastering to SACD and did a superb job! I think that of all the four Foreigner SACD's this one offers the best sound for my ears. The bass, keyboards, guitar and drums are nicely seperated and have that hi quality definition you dream of.....and imagine it is on one of my fav albums !

Lou Gramm's vocals are deep and nicely balanced as well. There are moments on this SACD that are truely stunning......parts of songs just have such a deep vibe and sound quality that I was amazed....the same vibe I got listening to some of the finer SACD's.

An excellent SACD and now I am a Juke Box Hero!!!!!!!

No comments: