...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Genesis - Calling All Stations (1997)

Genesis - Calling All Stations (1997) SACD

  I bet most of you are asking why I love this album so much......no Peter Gabriel...No Steve Hackett...no Phil........in fact likely the furthest they ever strayed away, but for some reason I just love this album !   I think Ray Wilson is a great singer and even though the critics hated this album I think it is some of the best work they did since their vintage years.   Spock`s Beard`s drummer Nick D`Virgilio guests appears on this album and does a great job for sure filling in nicely for Phil...in fact his drumming is better than anything Phil did on the later Genesis albums IMHO.
  I really think this album works on two levels...just one of those albums...on the surface is a poppy album, but on the other is a very deeply emotional album that has some great tunes on it.........
`Calling all stations......can anybody telll me.........``

No comments: