...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Kraftwerk - Computer World (1984)

Kraftwerk - Computer World (1984) - Remastered Kling Klang Remaster

Computer World was IMHO the last great Kraftwerk album and an album that followed me thru my life since the day it was released.   My friend Erik and I were huge Kraftwerk heads in highschool and Computer World was one of the sacred albums.    This remastered version kicks the pants out of the original CD and vinyl release and sounds ever fresher than the day i first heard this album.  All of the Kraftwerk remasters are to die for and absolutely essential.    Computer World was also a hugely influential album and is oft cited as THE album for fans of electonica.....even Coldplay borrowed it on "Talk" !   Everything seemed to click on this album for Kraftwerk ...just one of those albums that captured the band at the right moment. Absolutely essential album

1 comment:

al warren said...

I am lucky enough to have seen them perform live TWICE in Toronto. once at the Masonic temple then again a couple of years ago at the Ricoh Centre.