...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Moon Safari - Blomljud (2008)

Moon Safari - Blomljud (2008)

Blomljud (Swedish for "sound of flowers") was the second album released by this uniquely harmonic progressive 5 piece band Moon Safrari.  Sweden has produced some of my fav prog bands...Kaipa, Flower Kings, Anglagaard, Anekdoten etc....and now please add Moon Safari to this list.   Moon Safari blend pretty much everything into a very original sound....imagine the 70's symphonic stye of like Genesis with the neo prog keyboards and guitars of perhaps IQ and the alternative pop of maybe ELBOW or Coldplay and then blend in the vocal harmonies of maybe Yes and you have this band.   I love this album ...it is pure musical genius to me.  What really separates this band from the others is clearly the symphonic and harmonic aura of lead vocalist ....Simon Ã…kesson.  For those who remember Starcastle in many ways I think you can draw similarities minus the vocal copy of Jon Anderson.  But this album is as poppy as it is progressive and will appeal to fans of pop and prog at the same time...My daughter (12) came up into my music room  last night as I was playing this album and said "wow Daddy...these guys can really sing".    That says it all.....

No comments: