...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Spacious Mind - Gentle Path Highway (2007)

The Spacious Mind - Gentle Path Highway (2007),  Countryman Records 

  Calling all space cadets........How about a trip down the Gentle Path Highway !   This Gi-normous album willl take you deep into the outer orbits of the furhest quazar known to mankind.  The Spacious Mind have been a fan favorite of mine for a long time now and a few years back I picked up this album and keep finding myself giving it a spin....I guess this means I like the album !    The Spacious Mind are David Johansson (drums, percussion), Henrik Oja (bass, guitar), Jens Unosson (keyboards), Thomas Brännström (guitar) and Niklas Viklund (guitar).  The band play organic prog space rock and are truely original in their music.  "Rider Of The Woodlands" is perhaps my favorite space rock soong of all time.....wow
 Absolutely essential album.

No comments: