...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Glen Campbell - Ghost On The Canvass (2011)

Glen Campbell - Ghost On A Canvass 2011

  Here is Glen's FINAL album (unless he pulls a WHO!) and if this is his last musical statement then what a way to go out !  EVERYONE needs to buy this album !   Ghost On The Canvas is a truely personal and heavily inspired album (you were right Douggie and Suzzie!) and features a couple of absolutely stunning tracks that defy label and totally surprised me.      I have lots of Glen Campbell vinyl records and would never have thought that he had a last album in him as good as this !    I have always loved Glen's voice and on this album you get to hear it as an elder gents who just wont let go quite yet !   This album also features some of Glen Campbell's finest work ever !   The opening 2 tracks give me shivers and bring me to places that I never would have expected.     "A Better Place", "Ghost on the Canvas" and "There's No Me........Without You" will send you to the stars!
   An absolute essential album

   

No comments: