...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Jane Siberry - City (2001)

Jane Siberry - City (2001)

  When I was in University in London I remember going to see Jane Siberry on her "The Walking" tour which was the first time I saw washing machines and a clothes line on stage.  It was one of the true defining moments at that time in my life and still to this day I love the music of Jane Siberry.
   City is really a fine little collection of "Odds and Sods" taken from a number of different and unrelated points in her life.  Musically the moods are varied with some fantastically artistic bits as you would expect.  For me two of the great tracks off this album is her own version of "Calling All Angels" and "It Can't Rain All The Time" from the soundtrack to The CROW.   
   

No comments: