...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

T Rex - Electric Warrior (1971)

T Rex - Electric Warrior , 1971  Remastered Version

  I played this album to death when I was a young lad and remember picking this up with a Kinks record at my cousins garage sale many a moon ago.   Of all my rock albums in my collection, Electric Warrior remains one of the top desert island picks still to this day!  ``Cosmic Dancer``....`Jeepster``.....Planet Queen``, and Bang A Gong.......oh yeah baby !
  I think Marc Bolan never did it like he did on E-Warrior....this album was just so fresh and really was the sign of the times.   His voice really sounds inspired and almost ghostly at times.   I guess some would say it is very dated sounding but that is fine with me....i am used to that one !
   T Rex`s Electric Warrior is a fantastic album

No comments: