...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Jim Hall - Live (1975)

Jim Hall - Live , 1975   96Kb
 
  Recorded live in 1975 at Bourbon Street in lovely Toronto along side Terry Clarke (Drums) and Don Thompson (bass) who also apparently recorded this great album.   I was not there but everytime I hear this recording I feel like there is a ton of smoke filling the room and plenty of Shirey-Cocktails making the rounds!  This album is absolutely electric yet quite laid back at the same time.   Don Thompson's bass is huge and Hall's command of the guitar is stellar.   If you are looking for a great trio jazz that never gets too hairy then this is your lucky day.   I must say that the recording is also quite awesome and the bass is deep and the guitar full the high and mid range while the drumming keeps it all together.   When I play this album loud the house absolutely shakes with the bass vibration.   

No comments: