...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Friday, September 2, 2011

Can - Future Days (1973)

Can - Future Days, Spoon Records, Germany (1973) SACD
  
  Future Days is one of my favourite Krautrock albums of all time....and for good reason!  On Future Days everything clicked for progressive mavericks CAN !    Huge picturesque soundscapes, awesome space guitars (aka Saucerful of Secrets).....affected vocals, hypnotic bass and circular drumming.
  The spoon SACD`s of the CAN catalogue is absolutely stunning and I would recommend you get these little gems before they go bye bye........Ege Bamyasi is awesome too !
If you have never really given CAN a try I would recommend you start here with this album...turn off all the lights..shut the windows and tell the kids to take some ridlin!
  I am a huge fan of CAN and have been for a long long time but right now I am in the mood for some Future Days !

No comments: