...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Duran Duran (1981)

Duran Duran - S/T (1981) - Holland CD Remastered Version (Vinyl replica)

  Duran Duran you ask ?   Come on dude.......... Well it is true.....yes this was one of the 80's albums that I just fell in love with ....  I was a bigger fan of this album than Rio to be honest and loved it punk'ish edge.   My first exposure to Duran Duran was Rio but I snagged this album in the height craze of Duran Duran.  Careless Memories is simply one of the best pop rock songs of the 80's IMHO and I think the whole album is solid.   This version is the UK version of the album which does not include "Is There Something I Should Know? which was on the US version in lieu of "To The Shore".  In true form EMI did a great release here with this replica vinyl CD remaster which brings back just so many Careless Memories for me ........

Lets Dance !

1 comment:

Jeff Ferguson said...

Exactly the kind of synthetic, soulless 80's junk that I despise. But I do understand people that came of age musically in the 80's might have some sort of fondness for this kind of music. Thank god I was born in the 50's!