...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Monday, September 5, 2011

Diana Krall - Love Scenes (1997)

Diana Krall - Love Scenes (1997), Verve Music , SACD

   Love Scenes was Diana's 4th studio album and in the spirit of a themed album recorded songs that all had a connection to love.    With her regular guitarist Russell Malone and bassist Christian McBride, Krall performs 12 wonderfully jazzed up songs that obviously touched her soul somewhere along life's path....and now will touch yours too !
  I love Krall's selection of songs as many of these songs my mom would play on the piano as I grew up....songs by Peggy Lee, Ira & George Gershwin and  Irving Berlin. 
 Sonically this album is pretty much picture perfect with it's sparkling wide dynamic range and full soundscape.  They took extreme care in the recording of this album....and this album must be heard on a good stereo to really get !   Audiophiles will debate I am sure the 5.1 Mix back and forth but ignoring all that noise trust me in saying that this and the other early Diana Krall SACD albums are just simply stunning.

No comments: