...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Monday, February 20, 2012

Foreigner - Foreigner (1977)


Foreigner - 1977, Mobile Fidelity SACD Remaster


When I was just a young lad my brother and I bought this album and it became one of the albums that defined our musical childhood! It still remains to this day one of the GREAT rock albums in my household and I was so excited to order this MoFi SACD........and what a great un !

First the album (if there is anyone who has never heard this) is a beautiful album full of great songs and huge rock sound without any cliches. It was an album that set the stage and helped define 70's rock music (1977).

Foreigner's debut album was IMHO their defining musical moment with contribution of King Crimson's Ian McDonald and the powerful vocals and lyrics of a young Lou Gramm. "Starrider" was THE song for me while I grew up and you can not count the number of times I played this album.

I have the redbook CD, Vinyl, remastered CD and now SACD of this album and must say the definitely this IS THE version of this album you must hear.

Wow.......deeply defined vocal harmonies and a wide pane of tones that stretch from one side of my music to the other. At times the acoustic guitar sounds like it was right beside me!

I would say honestly that until you hear the SACD version you really have not ever heard this album.

Rock music never got any better than the first Foreigner album .

...and why not One day be a Starrider !

No comments: