...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Premiata Forneria Marconi - Per Un Amico (1972)


Premiata Forneria Marconi - Per Un Amico (1972)

  One of the albums that turned me onto Progressive Rock !   Really ......this was a magnet for me and I could not get enough of Genesis and PFM for many years,,,,,,,,and still can't !   To my grave this will be one of my personal favourite albums of all time.   They just dont make em like this anymore folks!  Gorgeous melodies and huge jazz/psych folk/ prog elements with both electric and acoustic interludes.    Check out the work out on the first 2 mins of Generale which is one of the most complex yet subtle Prog Rock moments.    An album that if you have not heard then you have clearly missed out on one of the great ones !

No comments: