...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Joni Mitchell - Blue (1971)

Joni Mitchell - Blue (1971) Remaster

  You must love Joni!   Hard to pick what album is my favorite but "Blue" is certainly right up there which seems to carry a deep emotional factor for me.   The album itself is pretty quaint and unassuming and pretty much is themed around the feelings of sorrow and loneliness.......a rich and wholesome album if I could suggest.   The remastered HDCD version of this album is very well done and offers a nice and clean version of this gem.
   The title song "Blue" is one of my favorite songs she has ever done and it was a toss up for my wedding whether I'd play this track or "Both Sides Now" from 1969's Clouds album........well the only way you will know what I picked is if you were there !   (LOL).
  Legendary rock band Narareth made a million off her song of "This Flight Tonight" which remains a centre piece of this album.  
  Joni is joined by Steven Stills and James Taylor on this album as guest musicians as well.
"acid, booze and ass........needles, guns and grass.........lots of laughs......LOL's...

No comments: