...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Alan Parsons Project - Eve (1979)

The Alan Parsons Project - Eve (1979) Remaster

  "Eve" was the 4th album by studio wizard and producer Alan Parsons who released a string of fabulous recordings in the 70's.   This was very much an overlooked album and IMHO is one of the finest from these early albums.  "You Wont Be There" is a song that has been with me for a lifetime and will be there till the day I die.   The album's concept deals with the female's overpowering effect on men (hmmmmm) and is aptly titled considering the beginning of the whole Adam and Eve dynamic.   Once again Parsons calls on a cast of talented musicians and singers....Dave Townsend, Lenny Zakatek and for the first time 2 female singers are present with the haunting vocals of Lesley Duncan and Clare Torry.   An album that deserves a whole lot more exposure.
  Oh yeah I should mention that way back when I was watching Cannadore College DJ one night on my local TV and he was playing this album and I remember thinking how awesome it was way back then.

No comments: