...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Kinks - One For The Road (1980)

The Kinks - One For The Road (1980) SACD

  I remember sitting in my friend's house on Dane St. in North Bay spinning this 2 LP set thinking how awesome Live the Kinks would have been.    I ran out and bought myself a copy of this on vinyl right away and to this day "One For The Road" is one of my favourite live albums of all time.   A timeless classic and a recording of pure energy and power with the band nicely performing songs from all their great albums.   A stirring version of "Celluloid Heroes", a potent opening with "The Hard Way" and the famous Lola teaser.........and of course the necessary hits like "You Really Got Me" and "Till The End of the Day" which sound so alive and vibrant.
  Considering my love for this live album I had to hunt down Konk Records SACD release which brings a whole new level of sound to this gem.
  Absolutely essential live album..............

No comments: