...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Miles Davis - Big Fun (1974)

Miles Davis - Big Fun , 1974 Remastered

   I have been a huge Miles Davis fan for years....especially the 70's era albums and live memories.  Big Fun was pretty much interpreted as just yet another freaked out Mile Davis album that largely went unnoticed back in 1974!   Big Fun has been a prized album in my collection for a long time and today as I re-listen to this album I just can't get over how huge this album still is.   At about the time of Bitches Brew Miles wrote "Great Expectations" and "Lonely Fire" which are 2 of the GREAT track on this album.
    This is pure Jazz Fusion !   An album that you need to listen to without distraction and without the "Toronto Maple Leafs" playing in the background :).

No comments: