...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Dead Can Dance - Into The Labrynth (1993)

Dead Can Dance - Into The Labrynth , 1993 SACD

    Over the past 10 years I have been slowly re-building my Dead Can Dance discography but after reading all the stunning reviews about "Into the Labryth SACD" I had to swing a copy....and all I can say is wow........this version eclipses the redbook CD by a long shot.    This may in fact be the best sounding recording I have in my entire collection......it is just that good.  Typical of DCD's music the songs are hypnotic and hugely addictive with some awesome worlds instrumentation.

   Dead Can Dance is the genius of the musical partnership between Lisa Gerrard and Brendan Perry.  They have written tons of music together and all their albums are excellent with each one bringing in different elements.  They are a band that you will never grow tired of or stop listening to...really !

  This album is a real eclectic mix of Eastern ,  Middle East and Celtic horror Soundscapes told thru the haunting voice of Brendan Perry and the versatile voice of Lisa Gerrard.  This album plays more like a movie soundtrack than it does an album of music !   

  I also recently picked up Lisa Gerrard's solo album "The Silver Tree" which I cant stop playing.

  
  Simply Brilliant !

No comments: