...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Airborne - Songs For A City (1977)

Airborne - Songs For A City, 1977 Ocean Records

  I had a copy of this Canadian folk gem back when I was a kiddie-boo boo and about 10 years ago I found it again on vinyl in perfect shape so life is complete now.........   But seriously Airborne released as far as I know this one great album mixing folk, pop and even some slight prog elements into their music.  The title song "Song For A City" is killer and is a song I have played a million times and actually think this sounds a lot like the music YES used to do.
  A wonderful album that needs to be re-released again so that it does not remain a long lost hidden gem forever.

No comments: