...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Colin Hay - Gathering Mercury (2011)

Colin Hay - Gathering Mercury

  Colin Hay was the voice of The Men At Work and since those days has done nothing but write great music and release a handful of excellent albums....with perhaps here in review is my personal favourite one of the lot !    This guys just has the voice !  .....an exceptional one.........
   So Send Somebody ....cause I'm stranded............cries Colin Hay..........
  "Gathering Mercury" is a delicate album of deep lyrical meaning and personal conviction delivered in a timeless manner using all the emotional connections that are only thru thru voice of Colin Hay.
   The title track is perhaps my favourite ditty Hay ever released.......a tune that I can't stop playing....
 Fans of The Men At Work (unless I am still the only fan out there) will love this album to death......a very strong album full of excellent songs.
   For me this is already one of the "memory albums" as my pals Kevin, Anne and Luc were in Montreal with me recently and on Monday am I was standing all alone on the Rail Tracks listening to this album in amazement as I waited for the 10:10 am train to Toronto.     Although I was alone......I had Colin with me on my journey.....2 hours later I was listening to this album AGAIN..............
Needless to say I was gathering mercury all along the way..............
 

No comments: