...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Friday, April 6, 2012

The Guess Who - Wheatfield Soul (1968)

The Guess Who - Wheatfield Soul , 1969 Remaster

 Well This was really the start of The Guess Who phase II, with a quite angular, yet artistic album to mark the beginning with.  Opening with the timeless classic "These Eyes" through the ode to Gordon Lightfoot aptly titled "Lightfoot" this album really set the stage and the sound for Canada's Guess Who!
   I remember my dad coming home one afternoon asking me if I knew who sang the song "This Eye".....and I never forgot that as I laughed so hard.........
  But it was not my dad but my cousins from ThunderBay who really turned me onto The Guess Who.  My cousins were just passing thru and were all hippied out had this album with them on their trip and we listened to this while we washed their "Trip mobile".   In the morning they were gone and all I had to remember them was this crazy album.   "Friends Of Mine" is this great trippy ode to Jim Morrison the Burton Cummings....with some psychy lyrics featuring the Beatles' Walrus.     
  Without a question this is an excellent album and one of my personal favourite Guess Who albums....

No comments: