...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Friday, February 15, 2013

The Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet (1968)

The Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet (1968)

   On Beggars Banquet the Stones put the psychedelia and the 60's rock and roll thing into the passenger seat and delivered a stunning album with deep blues roots.    This is one of my favourite Stones albums of all time and I think it is really just one of those albums that I will never tire listening to.

  Really does not need a lot words here as so much has been said already and documented on this album.


   What I can say though is that the sound on the ABKCO Hybrid SACD is very good.    This would be right up there with all the other ABKCO SACD's with excellent clarity , sound dynamics and mastering (Bob Ludwig) . 


It is the subtle things about this SACD that I notice ....things like clear multi-layered sound and instrument definition.    On "Prodigal Son" for example the acoustic guitar sounds like it is being played right beside you. 

A great album.....and a great SACD to boot.......

No comments: