...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Beck - Morning Phase (2014)

Beck - Morning Phase (180g Vinyl)

  After a few year hiatus Beck Hansen returns with a stunning album of holographic beauty!   "Morning Phase" is a lush sonic exploration into some pretty deep space.  This is his first album on Capitol Records and marks a definite high point in his discography.  Musically this is a pretty slow moving album with lush attitude and symphonic sweeps.

  Beck calls this album the companion to his 2002 album "Sea Change" with his dark yet thoughtful lyrics and symphonia.  

  I saw Beck perform the song "Walking Light" live on Jimmy Fallon and thought it was an amazing song and still remains one of my favs on the album.

  I know this may sound crazy but I get a bit of a Pink Floyd dreamscape every time I listen to this album....   

Pretty hard to peg this album into any one genre but I guess "alternative rock" or "AOR" would work but really this sits as a very unique piece of music.

  


No comments: