...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Friday, May 9, 2014

John Patton - Oh Baby! (1965)

John Patton - Oh Baby! (180g Vinyl)

   Ever since I first heard John Patton I have been hooked on organ grooves jazz and his 1965 effort "Oh Baby!" is simply killer !

  Patton of course is an organ jazz legend and on this fourth album on Blue Note he joins forces with legendary guitarist Grant Green, trumpeter Blue Mitchell with Harold Vick on the sac and Ben Dixon on the drums.   Their overall sound is pretty happenin'  and continues Patton's exploration into the blending of brass and organ.

  I am a huge fan of Patton's albums and I was thrilled to pick up this Blue Note vinyl reissue which nicely presents the album in its original form.  Sound is amazing as well with a wonderfully warm mix and huge clarity.  

  

No comments: