...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Cocteau Twins - Treasure (1984)

The Cocteau Twins - Treasure 

  The Cocteau Twins were one of the signature 4AD label bands along with Dead Can Dance with TREASURE representing their best album IMHO and  a defining album on the 1980's.

  Angelic.......atmospheric.........and experimental all at the same time as told thru the creative minds of Robin Guthrie (guitars), Simon Raymonde (bass) and unique vocalist Elizabeth Fraser.  

 I bought this album back in University after a friend told me that because of my adoration for Jane Siberry and Kate Bush that I would like Cocteau Twins.   I will admit that it took me a few listens before I became hookedTreasure was the album that i first bought and remains my personal favourite from them.   

  The 4AD label was always high quality audiophile pressed vinyl recordings and Treasure sounds fantastic.
  

No comments: