...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The Electric Prunes - Stockholm 67 (1967)

The Electric Prunes - Stockholm 67

I am a huge fan of the e-prunes and for years I was searching out this recording but the CD was always too wildly priced for my liking so I was delighted to find the 180g Vinyl version!

First let me say that I was hugely impressed with this vinyl transfer.....the sound is very live and not as "bootleggy" as I was expecting.....in fact this sounds great cranked!

It opens with the guys tuning their instruments and a few mins rolls by before they break out into some great psychy jams and tunes.

Fans of psych will love this live sound ....they just dont make em like this anymore.........

Of course they cover "I had too much to dream last night" which is presented much like thier single, but it is the other tunes that really grabbed me like "I got my Mojo Working" with its hugley fuzzed out guitar and long psych jam......kind of sounds like The Doors meets Pink Floyd meets the Animals....


They also play a wild version of "Long day's flight" and "Smokestack Lightning" which totally fuzz out and get pretty psychy.........

Simply essential if you are a psych fan


No comments: