...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Beatles - Rubber Soul (1965)

The Beatles - Rubber Soul, Apple Records (1965)

  `baby you can drive my car......yes I`m gonna be a star``........

Wow what a band and what an album......I am sure there are not too many people out there that do not own this classic bit of English pop history !   This album is just a real dooozie....and really showed a whole new side of the Beatles and signalled the change for the 4 mop tops.   Rubber Soul was one of the BIG albums for me growing up and songs like ``Nowhere Man and ``In My Life`` were then and are now a part of my life.   Mr Lennon I miss you terribly and thank you for the music of a lifetime!

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

How can Rubber Soul be one of the big albums for you when you were growing up when you weren't even born yet? It came out in 1965....You were born in 1967. I remember it well because I was 10 years old when it came out and was a huge Beatles fan and still am...:)

James Unger said...

lol.....yeah for sure....

Danny and I got into the Beatles when we were Kiddy Boo Boos...Rubber Soul and Sgt Pep were 2 albums we first owned and played to death.....

But yes to your point not the year they were released....

We also had a pile of their 45's (should have kept them me thinks)

funny how albums and music like this is so timeless eh Doug.....

My kids both now like the Beatles and often ask for me to play some of them......

Hope your still lovin the Mono and Stereo remasters !