...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Saturday, January 8, 2011

William Orbit - Hello Waveforms (2006)

William Orbit - Hello Waveforms, Sanctuary Records (2006)
    Ambient pioneer, studio master, and dance remixer William Orbit caught my ears back in 2000 with "Pieces in a modern style" album that has had a constant spin on my CD player for the past 11 years.  Orbit took a six-year hiatus from releasing albums and I was thrilled to hear this album when it came out.  

   Orbit's signature sound is all over this album with it's progressive house-ambient-ethereal  atmospheric style.   Opening this album is chilled-out electronic soundscape "Sea Green" which warmly starts things off and begins our journey into Orbit's new world . I can't listen to this album without thinking of my early days of loving German pioneers Kraftwerk and their great early albums.

No comments: