...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Knack - Get The Knack (1979)

The Knack - Get The Knack, Capitol Records (1979)

  Who could ever forget the unforgettable hits "My Sharona" and "Good Girls Don't."right ?.....but this album is so much more than just a 2 hit wonder album.   Power-pop masterpiece "Get The Knack" has 10 other very catchy songs and lots of guitar, bass and drum to keep your motor running.  I guess you would categorize this one as one of my many "Guilty Pleasures" and although the world has made fun of My Sharona it still holds up as a great driving power-pop song. 
   If you have not heard this album beyond the hits then you have really missed out.  For those who have it still in your collection ....go play this one again!

No comments: